This is one of the most dynamic and rapidly developing spaces in all of Silesia and is a model for the post-industrial potential of the region as a whole. The brewery was opened in 1897 by Polish-Jewish businessmen and until WWI it grew steadily in stature and quickly became a competitor to Browar Tyskie, the biggest brewery in Europe at the time. Tyskie did the only reasonable thing and bought out Obywatelskie in 1918. The brewery continued pumping out millions of hectolitres of Poland’s leading lager until the last production facility was shut down in 1999. Since then, the current owners of the brewery have been slowly renovating the buildings on the premises and turning them into a meeting place for business, recreation, dining and the arts, indeed, the latest addition is the Warzelnia, a monthly art/club space. The Con Amore restaurant is the beating heart, but the much larger Industrialna conference centre and concert hall is becoming more and more popular for regional events. The expansive courtyard is used during the yearly Industriada Festival in June and also hosts the impressive 3D Mapping Festival every September. They have finished renovating most of the other historic buildings on site and they will soon be transformed into one of the most modern Business and Technology offices in all of Silesia and employ hundreds if not thousands of workers. Tours of the complex are available by request and we suggest you come make a day/or a night of it.